Select one work of architecture
Using the building that you selected as an example, explain how a building acts as a kind of sculpture to transform the space around it.
Look through your textbook for an example of a sculpture that you feel would amplify the message that your selected building communicates to onlookers (I have uploaded the chapters—chapter 13 focuses primary on sculptures).
Present your explanation for how the building and the sculpture might work together
Include the following:
1) When was the building created?
2) Where is it located?
3) What is the building’s original purpose?
4) Who was the architect? What was his or her background and nationality?
5) When was the sculpture created?
6) Who was the sculptor? What was her or his background and nationality?
7) Where was the sculpture originally located?
8) For what purpose was the sculpture originally created?
9) Why do you think the building and sculpture go together or complement each other?
10) Compare the form and function of your selected building and sculpture with the form and function of crafts and decorative arts found within your home or another environment, such as a school, restaurant, or public building
Looking for the best essay writer? Click below to have a customized paper written as per your requirements.