Reflection Assignment 4 (due November 1st)
Ramona’s Renos Case Study
Read the overview below and respond to the questions that follow.
Ramona owns and operates her own renovation (reno) business, which includes work based heavily on using project teams. Read the following description of the business and recent problems Ramona has experienced with team compensation.
Ramona’s renovation (reno) business specializes in transforming basements into top-of-the-line family entertainment rooms. Employees are organized into project teams for each reno. Members of each project team are compensated equally based on the entire renovation being completed on schedule, to a high standard of quality, and at planned costs.
Recently, Ramona has heard many complaints from her top performers. For example, Grant consistently stays late on job sites to make up for time lost during the day, even when his coworkers go home. Casey said that his tiling skills are far superior to the others in the company, so he lays twice as much tile as a coworker would in the same amount of time. Many times, he ends up waiting for others to finish so everyone can move to the next phase. Juan was upset by some team members’ attitudes since he is committed to completing the project on time, while they seem to be only there to socialize and have a good time.
After hiring a consultant to assess the situation, Ramona is considering implementing a system in which individuals are rewarded for outstanding contributions, judged by her job site visits and project manager reports, combined with the group rewards already in place. She is hoping the combined rewards will help her keep the high performers happy while still emphasizing the team goals to complete the project.Questions to consider:
1. Please discuss the key factors you believe may be affecting team performance at Ramona’s renovation (reno) business and explain why these factors may be related to team performance, using your readings from this week.
2. Briefly explain whether or not you think her planto try to improve team performance will be successful, and why.
3. Your paper should be 300-500 original words (not including headings, questions, etc), and will be graded based on the quality of your comments on the case, your reflection of the case, and relating the case to what we learned from our textbook. Papers with excessive grammatical errors will be severely penalized. The reflection paper is worth a maximum of 50 points.
For a custom paper on the above topic, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level writers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written papers