- The company is currently assessing a make versus buy decision.
- The company currently makes product line “A” using proprietary technology. Its variable cost/unit is $10, and its fixed cost allocation of overhead based on producing 10,000/yr is $20/unit, for a total standard cost of $30/unit.
- The company also makes 3 other completely different and separate product lines on different equipment.
- The company has a quote from an outside vendor for this product A, for $18/unit.
- Given the data presented, what criteria would you use to evaluate the make versus buy decision that faces you?
- As a company’s managers create the optimum supply chain, there are many criteria that must be weighed, and in some cases, trade-offs are made. List at least 5 trade-off type decisions that the firm’s managers would have to make to establish the optimum supply chain. Include why it is a trade-off and the added information that you would need to actually make the best choice.
The following is an example of a trade-off:
- Should the manufacturing plant be located closer to its raw material vendors or its customer base? Why?
- Make up a checklist that a company’s vendor certification team should fill out when it visits a vendor prior to certifying them. What are the pros and cons of installing a vendor certification program?
For a custom paper on the above topic, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level writers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written papers