1. There are a variety of theories of motivation, many of which are complementary. Of the main motivational theories described in the text, which theory or theories do you think would apply most fully to the people you had complete the self-assessments in week 1? Support your statement of the theory or theories you have chosen.
2. As a manager of about 20 employees where all employees are working in various teams, describe what motivational theory that you would use to increase the overall performance of the teams. Specifically detail at least three (3) actions that you would use based on the theory to motivate these teams.
1. As a manager, what factors do you consider when determining the most effective way to communicate a message to your employees? Does this change if you are preparing to communicate the same message to your superiors? Does this change if you are preparing to communicate the same message to your customers? What changes in the communication processes would change for both superiors and customers?
2. What communication channels are commonly used in your organization? What are some common communication interferences that result in noise? How might communication be improved in your organization? How does an organizations climate affect communication? What might organizations do to reduce communication barriers? How may the absence of feedback be a barrier?
3. Why or why not is e-mail efficient or effective communication? Do you think communication has improved because of technology?
4. What is nonverbal communication? How can you develop the skills to effectively read nonverbal communication? How is nonverbal communication used in your workplace?
Please reference specific sections from this weeks reading in your response.
Chapters 7, 8 & 11
Reference: Robbins, S.P.,& T.A. (2011). Organizational Behavior 14th ed). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson/Prentice Hall.