Respond to the following short essay questions based on the course materials presented for weeks 1-4. You are to prepare and submit your midterm assessment in a Microsoft word document and attach to the “Assignments”. Additionally, I want you to “copy and paste” (word document) into the “Assignments” in case there is a problem opening your word document. Use Times New Roman (Font 12) and two paragraphs for each of the 5 questions (two pages of content). Additionally, I want you to state each topic question followed by your response.
Based on the assigned readings, your responses are to be in your own words with no copying except for minimal quotes that must be properly cited. What I am looking for here are your own thoughts and opinions that demonstrate your understanding of the topics and the course materials. Since, you will be using the assigned course materials to address the topic questions, you are not required to include a bibliography list. When you submit your midterm (word document) to the “Assignments” for grading it will automatically be submitted to Turnitin. This means your assessment will be reviewed for plagiarism and will generate a Turnitin report and similarity score for originality. To reiterate, I want you to share your own thoughts in your own words in completing this assignment.
If you have any questions or concerns with the assignment please contact me.
1) Describe the challenges faced by US Customs and Border Protection agents attempting to secure the border. Be sure to include:
What is the functional equivalent of the border?
What is the Fourth amendment exception as it pertains to border searches?
How are seizure statistics used to justify the mission of border security?
2) Explain “open markets and closed borders” as it pertains to smuggling, free trade, and border enforcement.
3) What are the challenges of facilitating legal border crossings while maintaining secure borders?
4) What has been the economic impact of terrorism on U.S. and Global Markets since 9/11?
5) Describe the impact of the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) and North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) agreements on cross border trade in North America.
Regent Papers is a library of common essays on high school, college, undergraduate and postgraduate topics. We have collected top papers from various institution, students and professors. The papers are based on common essay topics in all subjects.
2922 Oak Grove Drive La Cañada Flintridge, CA 91521.
+2 54723059803 (text only-sms)