Assessment 1 Information Sheet
Unit Name: Marketing Management
Unit Code: SHRO37-6
Title of Coursework: Evaluating a Journal Article on Marketing
% weighting of final unit grade: 50%
Assignment should be handed in by midnight of the submission date. The submission date is March 24th 2016.
Pages should be numbered. Headings and sub-headings must be provided.
Your full name, ID, unit title and code number must be clearly marked on the assignment top sheet.
Coursework must be handed in by the date and time specified. Late work is not accepted, and will be deemed a fail and graded G(0) (no work submitted).
Core Learning Outcome
The completion of this assignment requires you to demonstrate the ability to:
• Analyse the strategic role of marketing using contemporary perspective(s), evaluated against relevant research literature
• Using appropriate marketing literature, establish a critically determined role of marketing and the issues arising to support marketing activity in organisations
• Distinguish between the pragmatic marketing operations and theoretical concepts to establish a contemporary view of marketing activity in an organisation.
In addition to the above, you are expected to
• Prepare and use IT to aid efficient searching, evaluation and selection of information, exploring alternative lines of enquiry where appropriate. Present information effectively, including evidence/examples to support your arguments and conclusions.
• Identify and critically assess in a comprehensive fashion the current strengths and weaknesses of the journal article. Evaluate and synthesise information from different sources, theories and principles, and communicate relevant information effectively, and with accuracy.
• Demonstrate an awareness of the relevance of the journal article to current marketing practices in the business world.
Format for submission
The word limit is 2,000 (Maximum). This excludes Cover Page and Bibliography
All work should be word processed using either Times New Roman or Ariel font, with line spacing of 1½ and justified.
A Reference list/bibliography must be attached at the end of your work.
A minimum of 2 refereed journal articles is required.
Not more than 50% of references may be from the internet.
Assignment : Evaluating a Journal Article
In this first assignment, you have to prepare a 2,000 critical analysis of a given article from a peer-reviewed journal. You need to critically evaluate the article from a theoretical perspective and consider the practical implications using examples based on the Omani market. In order to provide more focus and direction, two key areas have been identified for you to discuss using examples from the Omani market. You need to use two other related journal articles (selected by yourself), to support your discussion.
Journal Article on ‘The Basis of Segmentation……’
In the concluding section of the Journal article, Sulekha Goyat observes that
• ‘the selection of the basis of market segmentation is completely dependent upon the industry and product type itself’ and
• ‘demographic may prove as good basis for segmentation but everything is dependent upon the psyche of the consumers’ (page 53).
With reference to the Omani market, and using relevant examples, critically examine and discuss these two observations.
Please, note the following:
• Equal attention must be given to both statements
• You must use at least two other journal articles for your discussion
• Your arguments must be balanced and supported by marketing literature on segmentation
• You must demonstrate and apply your marketing knowledge
• Your references must reflect a balance between academic and internet sources
Details of marking criteria are as follows:
Structure for your Assignment
While marking your assignment we will be looking for evidence for how well you have addressed the question/issues. The following part explains the structure and key points you should consider in preparing your assignment.
1. Introduction: A brief introduction and summary of the article.
Interpreting the task – your summary should be clear and should ideally lead to the two key areas
identified for discussion.
2. Addressing the Key Areas: The main body of your work where these two key issues are addressed. (This part may have a few sections / sub-sections). The key criteria here include:
a. Research – evidence of systematic research approach, depth of research undertaken; application of some conceptual (theoretical / empirical) framework(s), etc.
b. Analysis – well focussed, depth and clarity of argument, organising/summarising key and relevant issues stemming from the journal article, identifying two other journal articles and integrating the discussion. Your understanding will be demonstrated by your ability to provide relevant examples based on the Omani market.
c. Scholarly practice – a proper referencing within the report (citations), employing appropriate International Business vocabulary, etc., the quality of the Reference section. (Harvard style of referencing).
3. Conclusion: A clear, concise, and relevant conclusion (and recommendations where appropriate) to the discussion. Your conclusion should contain a summary of the key points that have emerged from the discussion, a consideration of the implications and where further investigation may be appropriate.
4. Presentation: Neat layout, and headings / sub-headings where appropriate. Clarity of expression (appropriate language, grammar, spelling, etc.). Length of the discussion should be 2,000 (maximum) without including the cover page and reference/bibliography section. Word-count at the end of the essay. No attachments / appendices allowed.
Please note that the above does not necessarily provide you with the headings / subheadings to be used in your work. While generic headings such as ‘Introduction’, ‘Conclusion’, and ‘Recommendations’ would be appropriate and could be used in your paper, other headings / subheadings would emerge from the issues you are discussing. Headings / subheadings give a logical, sequential, and meaningful structure for your work
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US
6+ years experience on custom writing
80% Return Client
Urgent 2 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions