Introduction to Business Management – MGMT 1209
Assignment #6: MGMT 1209 Stock Market Game
- Please complete this assignment, following the assignment rules below;
- Keep a copy of it and watch your email for final instructions in Week 14;
- Submit the assignment through the designated DC Connect dropbox by Sunday, midnight of November 29th.
- You have $10,000 in DC dollars to spend on selected stocks from the TSX
- You can spend up to $10,000 from the stocks on the list, at the prices listed. You can keep some of your money in cash if you wish.
- You must spend a minimum of $1,000 from at least 4 different stocks (at least 4 x $1,000 minimum)
- **At the conclusion of the document, you will provide a brief explanation of why you chose the stocks in your portfolio – based on the discussion in class in this module.**
- In addition to the mark assigned according to the rubric below, the 3 players in the class with the highest total value of stock and cash combined on the evening of Tuesday, December 8th, (close of trading day) will win bonus marks
Bonus Marks Available:
- First place: 3% overall bonus
- Second place: 2% overall bonus
- Third place: 1% overall bonus
*Failure to follow any rules above will result in disqualification from the bonus marks available.
**Completed and correct stock pick sheets must be received electronically through DC Connect dropbox (only) by midnight Sunday, November 29th. No late submissions will be accepted.
**See stock list below**
Name: (Your name here)
|Company||Stock Symbol||Market Price||# shares purchased||Total spent on shares|
|General Motors Co.||GMM.U:TSX||$38.79|
|Corus Entertainment Inc.||CJR.B:TSX||$18.41|
|Total left in Cash||$|
Total value of $$ on April 10th, close of business: ____________
(I will send an email reminder in Week 14 to check your totals. If your total is greater than $10,000, you must send it to me to qualify for the bonus marks).
Brief explanation of your decision making for selecting the stocks above:
Present or Acceptable
|Completeness, ability to follow instructions, & research||Clear evidence that selections were well researched and assignment was submitted as instructed.||Adequate evidence that selections were well researched and assignment was submitted as instructed.||Little evidence that selections were well researched and assignment was submitted as instructed.||No evidence that selections were well researched and assignment was submitted as instructed.||
Click Order now to have a similar paper completed for you by our team of Experts.