Students will write a well-developed research paper on the contemporary issue that they have identified in their Proposal of Research and Annotated Bibliography. The paper should be a work of critical analysis, meaning that it should formulate an original and compelling argument about the subject matter and should support that argument with relevant evidence and sound reasoning. The central argument of the paper should correspond clearly to one of the three argument types described in lecture: Causal, Evaluation, or Proposal.
• Identify and explain a specific contemporary issue that is relevant and compelling for a specific audience of academic readers.
• Develop a well-constructed thesis statement that responds to the issue and corresponds to one of the three argument types described in class.
• Organized a sustained argument that is sensitive to expectations of the academic audience for the paper.
• Use multiple types of evidence/support in developing the paper’s argument.
• Use library databases to find appropriate source material.
• Distinguish between academic and non-academic sources and use different types of sources in appropriate ways.
• Integrate source references, including direct quotations, using signal phrases (attributive tags) and parenthetical in-text citations (choose either MLA or APA format).
• Synthesize source references from more than one source.
• Significantly revise material from previous work on the issue (Rough Draft of Research Paper)
• Construct a properly formatted works cited page using either MLA or APA guidelines.
Length: 2,000-2,600 words.
Format: Follow MLA or APA guidelines.
Source Usage: Six sources, at least four of them academic, peer reviewed. The paper must show mastery of crafting and developing an argument appropriate for an academic audience. Essays must demonstrate effective summary, paraphrase, and quotation using signal phrases and parenthetical citations for attribution. The paper must synthesize an array of academic sources in support of its central argument. Essays must include a properly formatted works cited page with six full bibliographical citations.
Click Order now to have a similar paper completed for you by our team of Experts.