You will need two pencils or pens for this assignment.
Hold a pencil or pen in each hand at arms length in front of your face. While closing one eye, touch the tips (e.g., erasers of pencils) together (pencils can be held horizontally—end to end, or vertically—one above the other.) Next open both eyes and repeat the activity.
For your paper, using your text as a resource, discuss the difference between monocular and binocular vision for depth perception. Answer the following questions, in essay form (do not list the questions and answer beneath–write an essay).
1. What is the nature of Monocular depth cues? What is the nature of Binocular depth cues? List them all and explain them.
2. When conducting the pencil/pen experiment, what were the cues used for the monocular part of the test? What were the cues used for the binocular part of the test. Which worked better for you? How successful were you? Did practice make a difference in your success in the tasks?
3. How does this experiment relate to the chapter in your textbook on Depth perception? What is the neural processes that permit both types of depth perception–how does the brain interpret the visual input?
4. Draw conclusions.
Format in APA Style (title page and abstract are not needed):
Note that all submissions will be automatically reviewed by SafeAssign for plagiarism–so don’t.
Written Homework Grading Rubric
40-50 pts 1. Student conducts pencil/pen activity.
2. Student discusses Monocular and Binocular Depth cues, in general, as discussed in textbook USING YOUR OWN WORDS!
3. Student fully describes his or her experience with the activity, explaining what the student saw, errors made, and other elements of the two-task activity.
4. Student presents, in her or his own words, the explanation for what monocular and binocular depth cues were present during the activities. Explanations of how this is represented are given.
5. The student speculates and explains how the visual pathway and receptive fields work to create depth perception in the brain. Student draws conclusions
6. Student follows correct format and proofreads for typos, spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US
6+ years experience on custom writing
80% Return Client
Urgent 2 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions