Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
A regional bank has decided to open an office overseas for serving those businesses that are expanding internationally. Choose a country with a large financial center that you believe would be helpful to your customer base.
- Discuss some of the challenges you may face in this new environment.
- What are the cultural, ethnic, social, and educational characteristics?
- Describe the political and legal systems.
- How much does the government intervene in the private sector?
- How will that affect your financial institution?
- What type of economic system does it have?
- What is the history of that economic system?
- How is the country involved in international trade?
- How does the government get involved in trade issues?
- Will that help or hurt your financial institution?
- Will your presence in this country be helpful in your attempts to invest in other developing countries?
- Is this country involved in any regional integration efforts? How so?
- Why did you choose this location for your bank?
- As a manager, what would be your overall assessment about whether you want to pursue opening an office there?
- Are the financial risks worth taking?
- Will it be beneficial to all of the stakeholders?
If you decide to pursue this, what type of presence do you think would be best suited to your objectives?
- How should the plant be financed?
- Should they hedge foreign exchange or something else? Explain.
- Identify 3 foreign exchange instruments you would recommend?
- What, if any, government regulations that would affect earnings and cash flow should they be aware of?
- Include the need to be aware of inflation and interest rates and how it affects exchange rates.
- Keep in mind that the country that the plant is in does not necessarily have to be where the financing is done.
- Discuss current management practices and principles used in the current global business environment.
- Summarize the opportunities and risks of doing business in foreign countries.
- Explain how differences between foreign and domestic environments impact the conduct of business.
- Describe how global managers are able to influence management decisions despite cultural and language differences.
- Compare alternative organizational structures for international operations.
- Discuss strategies organizations can pursue for international market expansion.
- Use effective communication techniques.
- Use team and problem-solving skills to collaborate on a project.
Do you want your assignment written by the best essay experts? Order now, for an amazing discount.