This assignment can be found in Course Tools, Journals:
The stories we tell… Changing the script… To be posted by Wednesday, 10-21
Please listen to the following This American Life, Episode 555: The Incredible Rarity of Changing Your Mind, Prologue and Act 1 and 2 only.
Come to class prepared to discuss what you the episode.
Additionally, please view Elif Shafak’s TED Talk, “The Politics of Fiction” at least once before class-time. Don’t forget to take the time to critically read through the web-content on the TED site, including the speaker’s biographies, related topics and videos, and TED Talks blogs. Take extensive notes!!! Come to class prepared to discuss what you have viewed and read. After viewing and reading, please answer the questions below:
If you are uncomfortable posting this assignment, please let me know, but be sure to type out your responses in any event:
1. Now that you have had some time to reflect on your own Values, Value Judgments, and Subjective Perspectives, tell me about some of the Single Stories you have been telling yourself, and how they relate to your limited personal experiences? Be honest about the groups that you judge or stereotype, and explain your Subjective reasons for doing so. Are there Objective reasons that these groups might be judged? Explain. What would/might make you change your mind about this group or groups?
2. Are your stories changing now that your knowledge and experiences are expanding through exposure to new and Objective ideas? How about Anecdotal or Narrative Evidence? Do you think that you are becoming a better listener? Questioner? Why are theses skills so important? Be detailed and thoughtful in your responses!
For a custom paper on the above topic, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level writers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written papers